Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
My family all make this easy one pot meal. It is versatile and you can add any type of shellfish, sausage or beer you wish. Serve with plenty of melted butter!
- 1 lb Portuguese chourico
- 4 hot dogs
- 6 pork sausage
- 4 ears corn
- 18 -20 boiling onions, peeled
- 6 -8 small red potatoes or 6 -8 small yukon gold potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, in the shell
- 1 (12 ounce) beer (Sierra Nevada Summerfest)
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the chourice diagonally into 2-inch thick chunks.
- In a large stockpot, place chourice, pork sausage and hot dogs on the bottom.
- Next, place potatoes, onions, and corn in pot.
- Add beer and enough water to cover all.
- Add seasoning and garlic; Cover and bring to boil.
- Continue to boil for 30-45 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add shrimp the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- With a slotted spoon, remove all ingredients into a large bowl; pour a small amount of broth over all.
- Serve with individual cups of melted butter and stick butter for the corn and potatoes.