5 hrs 10 mins
This potpourri uses things found in your spice cupboard and fruit drawer. I put approximate amounts of everything... please use your own judgement for exact measurements. I never measure anything.. I just use up what I have. You can use any combination.. be creative!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 apples (sliced to just under 1/4-inch)
- 2 small oranges (sliced to just under 1/4-inch)
- 3 limes (sliced to just under 1/4-inch)
- 2 lemons (sliced to just under 1/4-inch)
- 2 cups cranberries
- handful bay leaf
- 4 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons whole allspice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1Dry apple, orange, lime, and lemon slices.
- 2I put them on a cookie cooling rack, then on a baking sheet and place in oven. Bake at 170 F for about 5-7 hours, until apples are still pliable but not mushy, and there is no liquid left in citrus fruit.
- 3Dry cranberries by covering a baking sheet with parchment paper and putting cranberries in single layer.
- 4Dry @ 170°F These take about 8 hours.
- 5As fruit is done, take out and place in a large bowl.
- 6Add all the spices.
- 7Toss with vanilla extract and allow to dry overnight.
- 8Place in container or bags to give away.
Nutritional Facts for Kitchen Potpourri
Serving Size: 1 (1129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.5
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 57.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 149.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 38.5 g
- Sugars 73.7 g
- Protein 7.7 g