Recipe by GertieGirl
This potpourri uses things found in your spice cupboard and fruit drawer. I put approximate amounts of everything... please use your own judgement for exact measurements. I never measure anything.. I just use up what I have. You can use any combination.. be creative!
Top Review by Viclynn
This made my house smell heavenly. I made two large batches with my grown daugher -- a nice activity to sit and chat while slicing the fruit! Thanks for a great holiday activity and tremendous smelling house!
- 2 apples (sliced to just under 1/4-inch)
- 2 small oranges (sliced to just under 1/4-inch)
- 3 limes (sliced to just under 1/4-inch)
- 2 lemons (sliced to just under 1/4-inch)
- 2 cups cranberries
- handful bay leaf
- 4 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons whole allspice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry apple, orange, lime, and lemon slices.
- I put them on a cookie cooling rack, then on a baking sheet and place in oven. Bake at 170 F for about 5-7 hours, until apples are still pliable but not mushy, and there is no liquid left in citrus fruit.
- Dry cranberries by covering a baking sheet with parchment paper and putting cranberries in single layer.
- Dry @ 170°F These take about 8 hours.
- As fruit is done, take out and place in a large bowl.
- Add all the spices.
- Toss with vanilla extract and allow to dry overnight.
- Place in container or bags to give away.