Prep 24 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This enchilada packs a punch! This is my version of a REAL TEXAS pulled pork enchilada. This recipe calls for leftovers of my Kitchen Kouture Carnitas. I love to make my carnitas because I have leftovers for 3 additional meals. Freeze about 1 1/2 pds in seperate zip lock bags and thaw them out when ready to use. Sauce needs to sit overnight for best results. The sauce can be made up ahead of time and frozen in ziplock bags as well.
- 680.38 g carnita meat (Kitchen Kouture Carnitas)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 453.59 g sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 24.64 ml red chili powder
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 14.78 ml garlic salt
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml cayenne
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- 170.09 g tomato paste
- 591.47 ml water
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Make a roux by browning flour in melted butter.
- Add spices and tomato paste; stir until well blended into roux.
- Add water gradually, stirring constantly.
- Heat until boiling.
- Continue simmering and stirring until desired thickness. Let cool.
- Let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Let sauce come to room temperature.
- Fry tortillas slightly in oil to soften tortillas.
- Coat the bottom of 11 x 14 pan with the sauce.
- Coat each side of a tortilla with sauce.
- Put carnita meat, cheese, & onion in tortilla, and roll up placing fold side down.
- Continue till you have 8 enchiladas.
- Pour the remainder of the red sauce over enchiladas.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.