24 hrs 20 mins
This enchilada packs a punch! This is my version of a REAL TEXAS pulled pork enchilada. This recipe calls for leftovers of my Kitchen Kouture Carnitas. I love to make my carnitas because I have leftovers for 3 additional meals. Freeze about 1 1/2 pds in seperate zip lock bags and thaw them out when ready to use. Sauce needs to sit overnight for best results. The sauce can be made up ahead of time and frozen in ziplock bags as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs carnita meat (Kitchen Kouture Carnitas)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 5 teaspoons red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- 3Make a roux by browning flour in melted butter.
- 4Add spices and tomato paste; stir until well blended into roux.
- 5Add water gradually, stirring constantly.
- 6Heat until boiling.
- 7Continue simmering and stirring until desired thickness. Let cool.
- 8Let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- 10Let sauce come to room temperature.
- 11Fry tortillas slightly in oil to soften tortillas.
- 12Coat the bottom of 11 x 14 pan with the sauce.
- 13Coat each side of a tortilla with sauce.
- 14Put carnita meat, cheese, & onion in tortilla, and roll up placing fold side down.
- 15Continue till you have 8 enchiladas.
- 16Pour the remainder of the red sauce over enchiladas.
- 17Top with remaining cheese.
- 18Cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kitchen Kouture Shredded Pork Enchiladas With Red Chili Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.7
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 67.2 mg
- Sodium 881.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: