Recipe by Kitchen_Kouture
This is a really hearty breakfast. Serve over homemade biscuits. I use http://www.food.com/recipe/biscuits-77417.
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sausage meat with onion in a large skillet over medium heat until sausage meat no longer pink; drain fat.
- Add in crushed red pepper flakes and cook stirring until the meat is lightly browned (about 12-15 minutes, the meat must be browned).
- Stir flour into the skillet and mix until dissolved with the meat (about 2 minutes).
- Add in the milk and Worcestershire sauce; cook over medium-low heat until thickened and bubbly (about 5 minutes).
- Add in salt, onion powder, and pepper.
- Serve over biscuits.