Recipe by Kitchen_Kouture
I am obsessed with saving money. I make this when our local store has a 99cent a lb special on pork butt or shoulder. This is my favorite pot roast recipe.
- 1 pork roast, any kind
- 7⁄8 ounce brown gravy mix
- 2⁄3 ounce dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix, dry
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups beef broth
- 3 medium potatoes, cut in chunks
- baby carrots
- 5 ounces fresh mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all seasoning together.
- Slice criss cross slits in meat.
- Rub half of seasonings into meat. Seal in large ziplock bag and refrigerate over night.
- Put meat into a large roasting pan, fat end facing up.
- Mix remaining seasoning with 4 cups broth.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onion, & mushrooms to roasting pan.
- Pour stock mixture over veggies.
- Cover with foil.
- Cook at 325 for 4 hours covered with foil.