Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am obsessed with saving money. This is from my cookbook series of Easy & Frugal recipes by Kitchen Kouture. I use the frozen leftovers from my http://www.food.com/recipe/kitchen-kouture-whole-chicken-488248. The taquitos freeze nicely for leftovers as well.
- 3 lbs chicken, shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 4 ounces green chilies, can
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup cheese, shredded
- 18 corn tortillas
- Cover cookie sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine everything except tortillas.
- Put mixture into tortilla, roll up, seam side down on cookie sheet.
- Flash freeze in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Fry, bake, or put into a ziplock bag and freeze for later.