Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is the easiest recipe you have ever made. Just throw it together and put it in the oven. No watching, basting, or mess. This meat is even better when frozen, and taken out for a week day meal.
- 4 -5 lbs pork roast
- 14 ounces green chilies (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 jalapenos (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place roast on heavy duty foil inside a roasting pan.
- Cut slits into top of the meat so seasoning can slip into the meat.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and spread on top of the roast.
- Seal foil securely and place roasting pan in the oven.
- Cook for 3.5-4 hours (meat should be so tender it falls apart).
- Use 2 forks and shred roast while still warm.
- In a skillet warm up a small amount of oil and crisp meat up for a few minutes.
- Serve with corn tortillas, guacamole, salsa & grilled onions.
OMG! These are the BEST! And we divided the leftovers in seal-a-meal packets and froze them...It's even better!!! Thank you for the recipe.