Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am obsessed with saving money. This is from my cookbook series of Easy & Frugal recipes by Kitchen Kouture. I use the frozen leftovers from my http://www.food.com/recipe/tamaras-carnitas-477187 or leftovers from my http://www.food.com/recipe/kitchen-kouture-whole-chicken-488248.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs leftover chicken or 1 1⁄2 lbs carnita meat
- 4 tortillas, flour or 4 prepared taco shells
- mixed salad green
- tomatoes, diced
- jalapeno, nacho, sliced
- onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
Spicy Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 jalapenos
- 3 ounces green chilies
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 (1 ounce) hidden valley ranch packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- Put all dressing ingredients into a food processor and blend well.
- Refrigerate dressing overnight for best results.
- Thaw leftover chicken or carnita meat.
- I use the Infomercial tortilla shell pans to make my shells with flour tortillas or you can use prepared taco shells.
- In a large skillet, heat meat with onion and season as needed.
- Fill tortilla shell with green salad, tomatoe, jalopenos, meat mixture, and cheese.