Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was originally posted by Charlotte J. My husband changed it up a little, and we fell in love with it. This is so easy. Perfect for a week night meal or a beginner cook.
- Saute onions, jalopeno in butter.
- When the onions are caramelized add garlic, saute for 1 minute.
- Add undrained sauerkraut, sugar, celery seed and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer 1/2 hour.
- Add meat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix all of the sauce ingredients together.
- Put buns in the oven to toast.
- Open bun. Spread sauce on the bun.
- Add bratwurst and top with sauerkraut.