Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my families favorite soup recipe. Some of the meatballs will fall apart, while others hold their form. This gives the soup a wonderful texture. It freezes well to.
- 226.79 g pork sausage
- 226.79 g chorizo sausage, casing removed (not the fully cooked kind)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml cooked rice, mexican
- 118.29 ml cilantro leaf, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- albondigas soup
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 3 stalk celery, cut in chunks
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 29.58 ml garlic, minced
- 453.59 g can diced tomatoes
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 118.29 ml cilantro
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- salt & pepper
- Make the meatballs first: Combine everything and mix thoroughly.
- Form meatballs and roll between your palms (Otherwise, meatballs will fall apart in the soup).
- You should make around 20 to 24 meatballs.
- Cook meatballs on a lipped baking sheet on 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- In a skillet, sautee onion, celery, jalopeno, and garlic.
- Combine chicken broth, onion, celery, tomatoes and their liquid, cumin, oregano and cilantro leaves in a large pot.
- Bring to broil, and reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drop meatballs in the soup.
- Return to simmer and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.