Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
If you enjoy curry dishes, it is definitely worth making your own curry powder as it is so much better. This recipe is from Vegetarian Planet.
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds (black or brown)
- 4 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds or 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and coriander seeds. Shake the skillet over the heat continuously so that the seeds cook evenly. When the mustard seeds turn gray and all the seeds are fragrant, remove the pan from the heat.
- Grind the toasted seeds in a spice grinder or mortar along with the fenugreek and cardamom. Transfer the mixture to a container with a tight-fitting lid, and stir in the turmeric and black pepper. In a sealed container, curry powder will keep for at least 2 months.