Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe by request. Haven't tried it yet but sounds so yummy!
- 3 packages waverly Club crackers, divided
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- Coat 13x9 pan with vegetable oil spray and line with a single layer of crackers.
- Combine butter, sugars, graham crumbs and milk in saucepan bring to boil over medium heat.
- Boil 5 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 of sauce over layer of crackers.
- Cover w/ another layer of crackers.
- Sauce layer and place 3rd layer of crackers over sauce.
- In medium saucepan combine chocolate, butterscotch and peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour over top layer of crackers.
- Refrigerate until sauce is hardened.
- Cut into squares.
These are definitely one of my favorites. I don't add the graham crackers until after I boil the butter, sugar, and milk. Also I use 1 cup peanut butter and 12 oz. chocolate chips for the sauce. That is the way my family enjoys it the most. Easy recipe and real treat.....for all ages.
I cut them apart and dipped them entirely in chocolate. Very very good!
I really wanted to love this recipe but after trying it I thought it was just OK. The bars were not bad just not great. This didn't taste anything at all like kit kats so maybe my expectations were too high. It was too sweet even for the kids. I never feel guilty about enjoying a wonderful dessert however, as I ate a piece I couldn't help but think it wasn't worth the calories. I am glad I tried this recipe out. Obviously I am the only one who has reviewed this recipe and didn't care for it so I would recommend others give it a try anyway.