Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
this is my version of the copy cat recipe for KIT KAT Chocolate Bars. Sweet and salty, and buttery. Toppables by Christie are a buttery cracker in rectangular shape.
- 60 christie toppable crackers
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Line bottom of pan with a layer of the whole buttery crackers.
- I use Toppables by Christie.
- In a saucepan bring to a boil.
- Butter, sugars, graham crumbs and milk.
- Boil on med.
- for five minutes, stirring.
- Pour 1/2 of the filling evenly over first layer of crackers.
- Place a second layer of crackers over filling, pressing lightly.
- Pour remaining filling over second layer of crackers.
- Spread this last layer evenly.
- Top with a third layer of buttery crackers, pressing lightly.
- Melt butterscotch chipits, chocolate chipits, and peanut butter together.
- When melted and combined, pour over that third layer of whole crackers.
- Cut into bars.
These are EVIL!! Just too good and very easy to make, Thanks for a lovely no-need-to-use-the-oven recipe!
These are great!! I've made these twice already and they're gone in no time. I crush the graham crackers very fine and stir the mixture a lot when it's boiling so it won't taste burnt :-)
Made these to add to my holiday tray. These little morsels look absolutly divine and taste even better. many repeats will be made of this recipe. Thanks for this great recipe andypandy.