Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Like a Kit Kat candy bar only home made! Better the first day when the crackers are crispy.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 25 waverly crackers (about i usually never count)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- Mix crumbs, margarine, sugars and milk in saucepan and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Place 1 layer of crackers in 9x13 pan.
- Pour 1/2 of boiled mixture over crackers.
- Top with another layer of crackers.
- Then remaining boiled mixture.
- Cover with final layer of crackers.
- Melt chips with peanut butter.
- Spread over top of crackers.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Loved this easy recipe and took it to a church dinner. They were all gone in no time. Will make again. The only thing maybe next time will put some crushed nuts on top. Thanks so much, Judy
A friend at work made these for my birthday, so I asked her for the recipe ... but then I also found it here on 'Zaar. I made them this weekend for a party & everyone raved about them. I did make a few changes - I used reduced fat Club crackers (I couldn't find Waverly crackers, but figured Club would be close), and instead of butterscotch chips I used a 1/2 & 1/2 combo of semi-sweet & milk chocolate chips melted with the peanut butter. The extra chocolate made these taste a little closer to the real thing. I kept these in the refrigerator, and I thought the texture & flavor was better the next day - the crackers were still crisp, but the flavors had blended together. Beware - these are addictive! I will make these again--thanks for posting. -M :-)
Great snack but I don't think it really tasted like a kitkat bar. I used "toppable" crackers which is the Canadian version of "waverly" crackers. I also ended up using way more than 25 crackers to make three layers. Thanks for posting!