Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
These melt-in-your-mouth cookies have a surprise inside! Our favorite cookie, anytime, but I always make these at Christmas. So easy to make and your young ones will love helping.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 (9 ounce) baghershey milk chocolate kisses
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl, combine butter, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and pecans; mix until dough forms.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, remove wrappers from chocolate kisses.
- Mold one scant tablespoon of dough around each chocolate kiss making sure it is completely enclosed in the ball of dough.
- Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 15 minutes until set and bottoms of cookies are just beginning to slightly brown.
- Carefully remove from cookie sheet; place on wire racks to cool for 10 minutes.
- Roll cookies in powdered sugar.
- When completely cooled, re-roll in powdered sugar.
I gave this 3 stars. I liked it and the look was very good. I was disappointed that my hershey kiss did not melt and kept it's shape. I thought it would have melted and stayed melted. My future hubby suggested I try wrapping some dough around peanut butter. I think maybe I'd like to try a reese cup. Next time I make this I'm going to use a different dough as I would like to see the cookie softer. I'm using Cherry Snowballs #161704 . It makes a soft buttery dough. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)
LOVED THESE COOKIES! I'm not a big nut fan and I'm never really sure who is going to eat cookies when I bring Christmas trays out and about. One person commented that they were delicious without the nuts but I wanted to preserve the texture so I subsituted a cup of graham cracker crumbs and added an extra 1/2 cup butter to compensate for the absorbancy of the crumbs. But these were just to die for. I doubled the recipe in order to have enough for my Christmas trays and still have some leftover for my family to eat but they were gone within a couple of hours of everyone sneaking. I will definetly be making more. These are my new FAVORITE cookies! Thanks for such a wonderful recipe!
definitely lessen the flour. nuts are so expensive that my husband and i left them out. rich and tasty!