Recipe by Sherrybeth
Once I found the NY Cheesecake Hershey Kisses, I knew I had to come up with a recipe to use them in. These are like the peanut butter blossom cookies but instead of peanut butter cookies, they are cream cheese cookies and the "kisses" are not plain chocolate, but the NY Cheesecake ones. These were all completely eaten within 20 minutes at my house. They make about 24 cookies per recipe.
Top Review by Sunnybrook
Not the easiest dough to work with. Tasty cookie though. I made them small with hershey's raspberry filled chocolate pieces. I did a few bigger ones with mint and cherry kisses. I was hoping for a cookie that would hold it's ball shape more. I may add a bit of baking powder to the next batch I try. I did a double batch and that may have something to do with the stickiness of the dough. I had to refrigerate the dough to be able to work with it and it was still quite sticky.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 Hershey chocolate kisses, unwrapped (NY Cheesecake flavored)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and cream cheese; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add flour; beat well. Stir in egg and vanilla. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart a lightly greased (or I use parchment paper lined cookies sheets) cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 F for 8 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and place one unwrapped Hershey kiss in the middle of each cookie.
- Return to oven and bake 5 minutes. Cool 2-3 minutes on cookie sheets before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.