Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on the www.hersheys.com website. It sounds like a wonderful Halloween cookie and I can't wait to bring them to the office!
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter, Reese's
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups quick-cooking oats, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 66 Hershey candy corn kisses
- Heat oven to 350°F Beat peanut butter and shortening in large bowl until well blended. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together 1/2 cup oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in remaining oats; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten cookies with tines of fork to form a crisscross pattern.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Remove wrappers from candies. Place 18 candies in heavy-duty resealable plastic food storage bag. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; knead bag and candies. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, kneading after each heating, until candies are melted and color is uniform. Cool slightly. Cut off corner of bag about 1/8 inch from point. Lightly drizzle cookies. Before drizzle sets, place candy piece in center of each cookie.