Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a really good recipe from Hershey!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- additional powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups Hershey chocolate kisses (decorative candies)
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg yolks, milk and vanilla until fluffy.
- Combine flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Cover; refrigerate dough about 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly grease cookie sheet. Shape dough into 1-1/8-inch balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar; place on prepared cookie sheet. Press thumb in center of each cookie.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool completely.
- Spoon frosting into heavy-duty resealable plastic food storeage bag. Cut off corner of bag about 1/4 inch from point; pipe frosting into thumbprint indentations.
- Sift additional powdered sugar over filled cookies, if desired.
- Gently press 3 to 4 candies each filled cookie.
- VANILLA VARIATION: Increase flour to 2-3/4 cups; omit cocoa.