1/1 Photo of Kiss Me I'm Irish Corned Beef
5 hrs 15 mins
Tia Mouse's Note:
FIVE HOUR COOK TIME! This corned beef almost prepares itself, and the flavor is dinner-party worthy, but comfort food good. BTW - The veges didn't work for my family's taste, but our guests loved them! (Dan Smith/Steve McDonagh)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs corned beef brisket
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 large shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons pickling spices
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 24 ounces Harp lager beer (anything not light)
- 1/2 cup Irish whiskey (Jameson or Bushmill)
- 6 carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch
- 6 red potatoes, in 2-inch cubes
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- 1Preheat oven to 250.
- 2Place corned beef in large roasting pan (w/lid).
- 3Add garlic, shallots, spices, beer and whiskey.
- 4Cover and place in the oven.
- 5Braise 3 hours, turning the meat once.
- 6After 3 hours, add carrots, potatoes and dill.
- 7Cover again and braise additional 2 hours.
- 8Allow to stand 5-10 minutes.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kiss Me I'm Irish Corned Beef
Serving Size: 1 (642 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1278.8
- Calories from Fat 588
- Total Fat 65.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 333.2 mg
- Sodium 3946.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 70.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: