Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Beer, fish, pancake batter - that's all you need! Dip, fry, eat - that's all you do! Great with salads or chips and mushy peas! We make a bit of "tartar sauce" by chopping up gherkins quite finely and mixing it into some mayo with a tad of lemon and hot mustard to taste but the kids like a mayo and ketchup mix...experiment! It's fun!
- 3⁄4 cup beer (brand of your choice)
- 1 cup pancake mix (brand of your choice)
- 3 large fish fillets, cut into 6 pieces (basa works well)
- set fryer to 160 degrees celsius.
- rinse fillets under cold water & pat dry.
- sprinkle 1/4 cup of the dry pancake mix on a platter.
- fold the remaining pancake mix with the beer in a shallow bowl.
- dredge the fish in the dry pancake mix.
- dip the dredged fish into the beer batter.
- gently place the battered fish into the hot oil ensuring that there is plenty of space between pieces - two or three pieces at a time is best.
This recipe was great. Truly was easy and very tasty. We cut the pieces of fish into little strips and dipped the cooked fish into a cocktail sauce. Other people ate it like fish tacos. It was a big hit at the party.