Recipe by nancyal
these are delicious. i do not use the walnuts as we are allergic to them, but i do dust them with confectioners sugar as it makes them look prettier. i have had this recipe for over 20 years so i do not remember where i got it. prep time includes 1 hour chill time.
Top Review by Margie99
I used to make these with my grandma when I was a kid. We would chop those walnuts until they were almost powder. We rolled them in the powdered sugar as soon as they were cool enough to touch. I can't wait to make these with my kids.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 9 ounces milk chocolate kisses (about 54)
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- You may use an electric mixer, if you desire.
- Add the flour and the walnuts if you are using them.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed (or beat on low speed until thoroughly mixed).
- Cover the dough and chill.
- Meanwhile, unwrap the chocolate kisses.
- Cover each kiss completely with about a tablespoon of the dough.
- Roll in hands to form a ball.
- Place each cookie on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375° for about 10 to 12 minutes until bottoms are golden and cookies look set.
- Cool slightly then remove to wire racks to cool.
- You may dust them with confectioners sugar.