Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this on kitchenproject.com. I'm posting it for ZWT 6. German
- 2 cups potatoes, cooked (See note at bottom)
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- salt, pepper, and paprika to taste
- Cut up 6 slices of good thick smoked bacon. Put in pan till halfway cooked. Add 2 cups diced or thinly sliced potatoes. Cook until nicely browned. Season to taste.
- If you do not want the bacon with the potatoes, simply remove them after they are cooked and then add the potatoes to the bacon grease.
- Note: Boil potatoes in water till fork tender. You may keep the skins on or simply peel after they are cool enough to handle.
- Boiled potatoes and raw potatoes have a different taste when they are fried. I love them both, and it's your own personal preference what you choose.
I made these to go along with some glazed smoked sausage bites for mine and DH's lunch today and it was a perfect match!!! I loved the added flavor of bacon to the potatoes. I just added a bit of sea salt and pepper and that was all they needed for us. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for your win in the football pool, congrats!!!
Great potatoes! I too boiled mine first, let them cool, sliced them, and then added them to the skillet. So simple but so good. Thanks CJAY for a nice treat. Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6.
I agree with alli- great flavor, little effort. I used raw diced potatoes, and turkey bacon. Finished them off with a little coarse salt and smoked paprika- really nice compliment to Recipe #89054. Made for German/ Benelux Region in ZWT 6.