Recipe by Amis
I'm not sure what reagion in Africa this is from. It was given to me a long time ago by an old African woman. She didn't talk much so I was lucky to get the recipe. Zaar World Tour 05
- 2 1⁄4 lbs chopped fresh spinach (or 2 1/4 c cooked or 12 oz. frozen)
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter or 3 tablespoons crushed roasted peanuts
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Add salt to the spinach to taste and cook until it's well done.
- Spinach turns a dark green, shrivles and is limp to the touch when it's done. Don't over cook or it may become rubbery or slimy.
- Meanwhile, saute the onions until they are tender.
- Then, combine the tomatoes and onions and then add to the spinach.
- Keep stirring until it's well combined and then add the grounded peanuts or the peanut butter and stir to mix well.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- This is great with rice.