I'm not sure what reagion in Africa this is from. It was given to me a long time ago by an old African woman. She didn't talk much so I was lucky to get the recipe. Zaar World Tour 05
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add salt to the spinach to taste and cook until it's well done.
- 2Spinach turns a dark green, shrivles and is limp to the touch when it's done. Don't over cook or it may become rubbery or slimy.
- 3Meanwhile, saute the onions until they are tender.
- 4Then, combine the tomatoes and onions and then add to the spinach.
- 5Keep stirring until it's well combined and then add the grounded peanuts or the peanut butter and stir to mix well.
- 6Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- 7This is great with rice.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kisamvu Na Karanga (Casava Leaves With Peanuts)
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.0
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 826.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 10.1 g