Recipe by flightnurse
Broken sourdough pretzels seasoned with a combo of spices. This recipe is always requested, especially when enjoying with a cold brew! Beware, these are spicy....you can cut back the amount of cayenne (1 tsp seems to be tolerable for all palettes) I have tried many, but none seemed to have what I think makes these extra special, It's a Dilly and lemon pepper.
- 15 ounces sourdough pretzels
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper (I use Citrus Grill by Durkee)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon it's a dilly seasoning (McCormick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break up pretzels into bite size pieces.
- Mix dry seasoning with oil then coat pretzles in a large bowl or ziplock and let marinate at least 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Spead on baking sheet and bake at 250 for 15 minutes stirring occasionally to dry out.