Recipe by Chloe&AbbeysMomma
This recipe comes from my imagination going wild with a very basic cool whip cookie recipe...This recipe is so simple and so delicious that everyone will want to know where you find the time to make such moist and tasty treats! My friend told me about the basic recipe of 1 box of cake mix, 1 tub of cool whip and an egg so I took it a step further and thought about a cookie I would love...so here it is!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These are great cookies!! The only complaint is that I broke a wooden spoon trying to stir the batter; it was very thick! :o) But well worth it! Made for Fall PAC and will probably make for my Christmas cookie exchange!!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (I like triple chocolate fudge!)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rum extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheet. (I find it easier to take them off if I spray my pan first.).
- Mix together Cake mix, cool whip, egg.
- Add Rum Extract and Coconut Extract.
- Mix in Sweetened Coconut.
- *Roll cookies into balls and drop onto cookie sheet. (*I do not roll into balls. I use two spoons and manipulate the dough into a ball like shape.).
- Bake for 11-14 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the pan.
- Chow Down!