I am a fan of cold fruit soups and this is a cherry soup from Denmark
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the cherries; remove the pits but reserve them. Combine the cherries, sugar and water.
- 2Heat to the boiling point, stirring often. Remove from the heat and lift the cherries to a deep bowl.
- 3Crush the cherry pit with nut crackers or mortar and pestle and add them to the hot juice with the stick of cinnamon and the lemon peel. Let boil 5 minutes, strain and pour over the cherries in the bowl. Chill.
- 4Just before serving add the sherry wine and blend well.
Browse Our Top Cherries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kirsebær Kold Skål - Cold Cherry Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 83.8 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: