Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The wine-like flavor of cherry in a spicy sauce. Traditionally served with Dampfnudeln or Steamed Sweet Dumplings. Could go over any bread like dessert or cooled down as a jam. Recipe dates from the mid 1960's and comes from my grandmother's recipe box.
- Simmer in a covered saucepan the cherry filling, cloves and cinnamon for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, remove the cloves and sieve mixture over another saucepan. Force cherries through and set aside the cherry mixture.
- Mix together in a bowl the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Add 4 tsp cold water and the corn syrup. Mix until smooth.
- Add sugar mixture to hot cherry mixture. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes stiring gently.
- Remove from heat and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Serve hot.