Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Don't worry if your pears darken, they will lighten up in the kirsch. An elegant dessert. Great for using up pears! From the Joy of Cooking.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pears, ripe (about 6 pears)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup kirsch
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel, quarter length-wise, and core pears. Set aside.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add pears and cook for one minute.
- Sprinkle with sugar and 1/4 cup of kirsch.
- Cook over medium heat turning pears frequently until they are tender.(About 15 minutes).
- Arrange pears, cut-side down in 9x9 baking dish.
- Add to the skillet 1/4 cup of cream. Bring to a boil over high heat until sauce begins to thicken, then pour over the pears.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cream sets a skin.
- Serve immediately!
A good base recipe but not very spectacular on its own.