Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe given by Kirkland Signature for their pitted dried plums. Bought the plums at Costco and they taste so good alone. The plums are high in Iron, Vitamins A, B6, B12 and E. Also, of course, a great source of fiber.
- 12 dried plums (2/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat plum puree*, butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla to blend thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Stir dry ingredients into plum mixture; mix completely.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to racks to cool.
- *Plum Puree: Combine 2/3 cup (approximately 12 dried plums) with 3 tablespoons hot water in a food processor. Pulse on and off until dried plums are finely chopped and mixture is smooth. Makes 1/2 cup.