1/1 Photo of Kirk Douglas' Chicken in Dill Sauce
2 hrs 30 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
I love finding celebrity recipes in the paper! I haven't tried this one, I'm placing it here for safekeeping until I have the chance to do so. This comes from the Chicago Sun-Times, in an article about Passover Memories. This recipe was borrowed from the 'Celebrity Kosher Cookbook'. I hadn't known that Kirk Douglas was born Issur Danielovitch Demsky, the son of poor Russian immigrants.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch tomatoes in boiling water for 2 minutes then plunge into cold water; skin will peel off easily then chop tomatoes into chunks.
- 2To make chicken: Preheat oven to 325°.
- 3Wipe chicken parts with damp paper towels; season with salt and pepper.
- 4In a large heavy pot or dutch oven, brown chicken in olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- 5During last 5 minutes of browning, add green onions; cook until greens wilt and white stems turn golden; add tomatoes, dill and sherry; cover and bake for 1 hour, remove chicken to a platter.
- 6Spoon sour cream substitute into pot; stir with juices from chicken; place pot over low flame and put chicken back into the sauce.
- 7Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 8DO NOT let the sauce boil or it will curdle.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kirk Douglas' Chicken in Dill Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.0
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 197.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 31.8 g