Recipe by TiaZia
Our boss made this chili and brought it in for a staff meeting. Everyone loved it. It's a great alternative to a red chili.
Top Review by deepfryapathy
This was AMAZING and we will surely make it again many times in the future. As vegetarians, we made a few adjustments: used "no-chicken" type broth, used black beans instead of chicken, and then used two red bell peppers instead of one red + one green. Topped with plenty of hot sauce. Perfect. Could not be happier :) Would love to try it in the future with vegetarian chicken strips and see how that works!
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (16 ounce) cansgreat northern white beans (or other )
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces corn
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 lemon
- hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breast flat, grill and cut them into chunks.
- In a large pot, saute bell peppers and onion in olive oil to soften.
- Mix cumin, salt, pepper and flour together. Sprinkle mixture over the peppers and onions.
- Continue to saute until flour sort-of disappears.
- Add rest of the ingredients, including chicken. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, squeeze lemon juice into chili.
- Serve with condiments such as Avocados, chopped tomatos, cilantro, cubed cheese and fried tortilla slices.