Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Our boss made this chili and brought it in for a staff meeting. Everyone loved it. It's a great alternative to a red chili.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (16 ounce) cansgreat northern white beans (or other )
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces corn
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 lemon
- hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pound chicken breast flat, grill and cut them into chunks.
- In a large pot, saute bell peppers and onion in olive oil to soften.
- Mix cumin, salt, pepper and flour together. Sprinkle mixture over the peppers and onions.
- Continue to saute until flour sort-of disappears.
- Add rest of the ingredients, including chicken. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, squeeze lemon juice into chili.
- Serve with condiments such as Avocados, chopped tomatos, cilantro, cubed cheese and fried tortilla slices.
This was AMAZING and we will surely make it again many times in the future. As vegetarians, we made a few adjustments: used "no-chicken" type broth, used black beans instead of chicken, and then used two red bell peppers instead of one red + one green. Topped with plenty of hot sauce. Perfect. Could not be happier :) Would love to try it in the future with vegetarian chicken strips and see how that works!