1/1 Photo of Kirazli Dondurma - Cherry Ice
Turkish cherry ice (sorbet) from adapted from "Turkish Cooking"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Puree the pitted cherries in a food processor. Add red food colouring if cherry puree is not dark.
- 2Combine water and sugar and sitr until sugar is dissovled. Add 2 tsp lemon juice and birng to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes skimming when necessary.
- 3Remove from heat and let stand until cool.
- 4Combine the cherry puree with cooled syrup, lemon juce and milk. Chill overnight.
- 5Next day pour into an ice cream maker and churn (follow instructions for sorbet).
- 6Pour into a freezer container and place in freezer.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kirazli Dondurma - Cherry Ice
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.3 mg
- Sodium 7.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 51.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g