Prep 1 hr
Cook 50 mins
Pumpkin Bread made from scratch, with a fun twist!
- 2 pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 dash red food coloring
- Halve the pie pumpkins vertically and scoop out the innards.(seeds and stringy parts) sparing as much of the pumpkin flesh.
- * You can discard the innards or use them to make roasted pumpkin seeds, these are good fall treats!
- Bake the pumpkins face down on a foil covered pan for about 30 t0 45 minutes at 375 or until pumpkin is soft.
- Remove the pumpkin skin from the flesh, it should peel off quite easily.
- Mash the pumpkin with a potatoe masher or you can puree it.
- Mix in large bowl your pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, and sugar until it's well blended.
- Mix your dry ingrediants into a seperate bowl and add the dash of food coloring to it.
- Combine both bowls of ingrediants into one mixture, make sure it is well blended.
- Grease and flour loaf pans.
- puor mix into loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted will come out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!