Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my favorite green bean recipe. Got it from my mother-in-law's friend Kip. Really simple to put together and it makes enough to serve a crowd.
- 3 (14 ounce) cans green beans, rinsed
- garlic salt
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes (mexi mild)
- crushed cracker, for topping
- Put beans in casserole dish and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Add next 3 ingredients stirring well.
- Sprinkle heavily with crushed crackers.
- Bake uncovered 375°F for 30 minutes.
Made the dish without realizing -until too late- that I'd used regular Velveeta and not the recommended one. Very rich and oh-so-good but next time, lol, I'll follow the directions more closely and use the mexi-tyle processed cheese. Made for My 3 Chefs 2008.