1/1 Photo of Kipper's Sandwich for 1 Dictated by -- Tasty Dish--
No, no! Heaven's no not [that] kipper (herring)! This is Tasty Dish's version of Kipper the Dog's and Tiger's picnic sandwich (at least from what we've been able to ascertain) Kipper and Jake go on a picnic and Kipper eats cheese sandwich while Tiger's enjoys his jam sandwich..or something to that effect. Use your child's favorite type of cheese and bread and favorite jam flavor. We tried Tillamook cheddar cheese slice and Dave's Killer Bread 'Good Seed'-both made here in Oregon. Conveniently, my homemade strawberry jam I made back in July was a winning combination with the cheese and bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (or imported English farmhouse, etc. I tried mine with the latter and it was mighty good!)
- 2 tablespoons jam (your choice flavor)
- 2 slices bread (wheat, crumpet, multigrain, etc.)
- 1Optional: You can make a melted cheese sandwich if you prefer. Prepare the sandwich as below in Steps #2 and #3. Melt some butter or butter/oil in a pan and brown the sandwich on both sides until golden.
- 2Take the slice of cheese and place on one slice of bread.
- 3Spread the jam on the other slice of bread.
- 4Put the two slices together and cut in half or quarters.
- 5Variation: use a cookie cutter (dog, pig) to cut out the bread slices in desired shape.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kipper's Sandwich for 1 Dictated by -- Tasty Dish--
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.0
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 442.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 10.9 g