Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Kinilaw is very similar to the Latin American ceviche, it also relies on the sour agent to sort of cook the raw fish. Make sure that you get the freshest ingredient available though because the goodness of this dish depends on the freshness of the fish.
- 1 kg skinned fresh sea bass, cubed to bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 diced tomatoes
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 3 tablespoons finely minced gingerroot
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄4 cup spring onion, minced
- salt and pepper
- Marinate fish in vinegar for at least 30 minutes. Keep it in the refrigerator.
- Drain and mix with lemon juice and all other ingredients.
- Serve chilled.