Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a cloned recipe similar to the tartar sauce served at the famous King's Inn restaurant on Baffin Bay in South Texas. Delicious with seafood or as a vegetable dip! A local chef shared it with me.
- Drain sweet pickle relish and pimentos.
- Put saltines and Ritz crackers in a plastic bag and crush until fine with a rolling pin.
- Put onions, garlic, olives, and jalapenos in food processor and chop until fine.
- Add pickle relish and pimentos and chop.
- Stir vegetables into mayonnaise.
- Gently fold in crushed crackers.
- Chill overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with seafood or vegetables.
I worked at the King's Inn from 1989 to 1991. This is not even close to the correct seafood sauce recipe. There should be no olives, no garlic, no pickle relish, serrano peppers instead of jalapeÃ±os, no pimentos, cracker meal -- available at any grocery store -- not crushed crackers, and no curry powder. Plus you missed several key ingredients including boiled eggs and anchovy paste. So basically you got mayonnaise and onions right, but the rest is COMPLETELY wrong. For that matter, it's supposed to be half mayo and half salad dressing (ie Miracle Whip), and only the hearts of onions are used. Basically there is not one single ingredient on your list which is correct.
I tried this recipe and everyone loved....Thank You