Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice hot sauce with lots of flavor. I grow my own peppers. I dry them as soon as I pick them, then I grind them in a coffee mill.
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon dried cayenne pepper, red and green with seeds
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon non-iodized salt
- 2 cups white vinegar
- All peppers are dried and ground as fine as you can get them.
- Place all the peppers in a dry skillet and roast them over low heat until they are very fragrant.
- Add the vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Add salt.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour into a wire strainer using a soon to press the pulp of the peppers through.
- When all the sauce is through the strainer pour into glass jar place in refrigerator for 24 hours and enjoy.