Recipe by FloridaNative
From the King's Bakery Hawaiian Sweet Bread package - this sounds good. Haven't tried it myself, but posting for safe keeping. For our family, I would use reduced fat versions of the mayo and sour cream, and a low-sodium version of the soup mix if possible. NOTE: Prep time does not include 8-hour chill time!
- 32 ounces bread (2 loaves of King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread, each 16 ounces)
- 1 (1 -2 ounce) package leek soup mix (onion soup mix may be substituted)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (reduced fat)
- 1 cup sour cream (reduced fat)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained but not cooked
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARE THE DIP:.
- Make sure the spinach is well drained. You can press it with paper towels to remove excess water after thawing.
- Combine soup mix, mayonnaise, sour cream, water chestnuts, spinach and Worcestershire together in a large bowl. Stir to mix well. Refrigerate.
- NOTE: For best results in flavor, mix the dip the day before or at least 8 hours before using and refrigerate.
- TO SERVE:.
- Slice off the top of one loaf of the King's Hawaiian bread. Hollow out the inside, leaving about a 1-inch shell all around.
- Cube the removed bread and the other loaf into 1-inch chunks, to be used for dipping.
- Fill the hollowed loaf with the prepared dip.
- Surround the loaf with bread cubes when ready to serve.