Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this in the coupon section of the Sunday paper years ago. The computer isn't letting the measurements stay. So here it is: 2 16oz loaves. It's a nice dip, and the bread is to die for. I did add a bit of zip for family preference. I'll note what I added extra. You can leave out the extras if you chose. I won't tell!!
- 2 (16 ounce) king's Hawaiian bread
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 cup plum tomatoes (2 medium) or 1 cup roma tomato, seeded and chopped (2 medium)
- 6 -8 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 350°.
- Carve out center core of 1 loaf of bread with in 1 inch of bottom and sides, keep bread bowl intact.
- Cube removed core and additional loaf.
- Place cubes and bowl on cookie sheet and bake 11-13 minutes, until golden brown; set aside.
- Blend mayo and sour cream together in a medium bowl.
- Add bacon, and spinach, mix well.
- This is where you would and the extras if using.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Just before serving add tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to bread bowl and serve with toasted cubes.