Recipe by Theresa/ Thunderbird
This is from a tavern in colonial Willamsburg Virgnia.They are sooo good!These are chewy meringues.More like a candy.
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 1 3⁄4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons bread flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold in brown sugar while beating egg whites.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Fold in the sifted flour and pecans.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto very lightly sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- These are really drying instead of baking.
- If using a hand mixer beating the whites will take 10-15 minutes to become stiff.
- If using a kitchen aid it will take about 5 minutes.