Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
This recipe is from the Kingfisher Restaurant in Tucson, Arizona. It is one of their signature and often requested recipes. This recipe makes enough for 20 people, but you can cut it in half. Prep time includes overnight soaking.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bananas, puree (about 7)
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 1⁄4 quarts milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 lb raisins
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 ounces rum
- 6 ounces butter, cold and cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2 ounce vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bread, stale,cut into 1 inch cubes
- Place bread in the bottom of a very large casserole.
- Mix all other ingredients and pour over bread.
- Soak overnight.
- Bake 100 minutes at 350ºF, covered, in bain-marie (water bath).