Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is actually a Girl Scout cookie recipe from 1917. It has inspired an idea in a book that I wrote called "The Askinar Towers". In one scene two girls are selling Kingdom Kookies in order to sneak into a evil wizard's tower. The book can be found here: http://stores.lulu.com/Mentzer
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar, plus additional
- sugar, amount for topping (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Cream butter and the cup of sugar.
- Add well-beaten eggs, then milk, vanilla, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Roll dough, cut into trefoil shapes, and sprinkle sugar on top, if desired.
- Bake in a quick oven (375°) for approximately 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.