Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe is from Southern Living.
Make and share this King Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces uncooked macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper, and saute 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes and green chiles and prepared cheese product; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Stir in chicken, next 4 ingredients, and hot cooked pasta until blended. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 10-inch cast-iron skillet or 11- x 7-inch baking dish; sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
This turned out just great - and even better when re-heated !