Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great for oamc
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (diced)
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (diced)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 12 corn tortillas (torn into quarters)
- In a large pan, sauté onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms in butter, Add soups, tomatoes & chilies, garlic, chili powder, and chicken broth. Line bottom of a 9x13 inch pan with pieces of tortillas. Spread half the chicken over the tortillas and top with half of the sauce, then half of the cheese. Cover with another layer of torn corn tortillas, and repeat the chicken, sauce and cheese layers. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serves 6.
- (When freezing, put in freezer after assembling casserole, and bake when ready to eat.).