King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Saute the onion and bell pepper in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes (until tender).
- Stir in the chicken and the next seven ingredients. Remove from heat.
- Tear the corn tortillas into 1-inch pieces, and layer 1/3 of them in the bottom of a greased 13 x 9 inch casserole.
- Top with 1/3 of chicken mixture and 2/3 cup of cheese. Repeat the layers twice.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes.
- You can freeze the casserole for a month, if desired. Then thaw it in the fridge overnight, and bake as directed.