Recipe by Roxi
If you like chicken enchiladas, you'll love this.
Top Review by Joyous56
I read the reviews with much anticipation. But now that I've made it, I don't know what all the fuss is about. I followed the recipe....even added a pulverized jalapeno pepper....but found this bland.<br/><br/>Sorry to say, i won't make this again.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (I used bouillon)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (I used a roasted chicken from Albertsons)
- 12 corn tortillas, ripped into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- In large saucepan, saute the onion and pepper in the butter until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add soups, tomatoes, and broth.
- Stir to combine.
- Fold in the chicken until well blended.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13" baking dish.
- Layer with 1/3 the tortillas, 1/3 the chicken mixture, and 1/3 the cheese.
- Repeat layers twice more.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- About ten minutes before removing from the oven, sprinkle shredded cheese over the top; replace in oven until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.