1/4 Photos of King Ranch Chicken Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
If you like chicken enchiladas, you'll love this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (I used bouillon)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (I used a roasted chicken from Albertsons)
- 12 corn tortillas, ripped into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F
- 2In large saucepan, saute the onion and pepper in the butter until tender (about 5 minutes).
- 3Add soups, tomatoes, and broth.
- 4Stir to combine.
- 5Fold in the chicken until well blended.
- 6Lightly grease a 9 x 13" baking dish.
- 7Layer with 1/3 the tortillas, 1/3 the chicken mixture, and 1/3 the cheese.
- 8Repeat layers twice more.
- 9Bake for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 10About ten minutes before removing from the oven, sprinkle shredded cheese over the top; replace in oven until cheese is melted.
- 11Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for King Ranch Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.3
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 66.5 mg
- Sodium 962.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 20.1 g