Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 cups cooked chicken (cubed)
- 12 corn tortillas (torn into bite sized squares)
- 4 cups cheese (Shredded cheddar & mozzarella mix)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and sauté onion till tender. Add soups, chilies and chicken and mix well. Let warm on low. In a 13x9x2 tear HALF the corn tortillas and place on bottom of pan until covered. Then pour HALF the skillet mixture and spread over the torn tortillas. Then sprinkle HALF the cheese over the mixture. Next, tear the next half of tortillas and place to cover over the first layer. Then pour the rest of the soup mixture and cover that with the rest of the cheese. *this is a two layer. so always remember to HALF the tortillas, soup mixture and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
This recipe is even better if you add a can of Rotel. I also put a layer of sour cream over the top before I sprinkle the layer of cheese.