Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is my twist on this classic dish. My family loves it creamy and loaded with tons of vegetables. It is a one-dish wonder. Of course, veggies can be changed-up, based on what is in season and in the house when cooking. I have even wondered if black beans would be good in it. Mix it up and make it work for your family too!
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced white onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1⁄2 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup diced bell pepper (red, orange, yellow, or green)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- mrs. dash original blend seasoning (to taste)
- cooking spray
- Cut chicken breasts into cubes. Cook the pieces in a frying pan with water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, tomatoes and chiles, cheese, onion, celery, corn, mushrooms, and pepper. Add Mrs. Dash seasoning to your taste. Add chicken to mix.
- Spray a 13X9 Corning Ware dish with cooking spray. Layer two to three tortillas on the bottom of the pan. Add half of the vegetable/soup/chicken mix. Create another layer of tortillas. Spread the rest of the vegetable/soup/chicken mix on the top.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 25-30 minutes. Let stand for five minutes and serve.
Oh, yum! We all really enjoyed this dish. I didn't make any drastic changes, only that I used flour tortillas since that is all I had on hand, and I quartered the tortillas before placing them in the baking dish (only so it would be easier to serve). Thanks for sharing your recipe, karamikel.
What a wonderful dish! I cut the recipe in half but used the whole can of rotel, used mexican blend cheese, added some minced garlic, used poblanos peppers (that is what I had and I like the little zing they give) and regular flour tortillas. Oh yes, I used the rest of my sour cream (about 1/8 cup) in the mixture also....definately a keeper for us. Made for Spring PAC 2011.